Monday, June 15, 2009


NEPHI SUBDUES HIS REBELIOUS BROTHERS (62044) (1 Nephi 17)

"The story is in the Book of Mormon how his brothers try to take him, but he is so filled with the spirit that they wither before him. He didn't kill them, but they withered and fell down. I tried to show a fine young man. And, of course, this shows his forge. It is a big enough job to undertake to build a ship, but he had to start before that. He didn't even have any tools. He had to melt the ore out of the mountain and then fashion a crude forge, even to making the tools. Talk about starting from scratch. You will notice that he has his wooden bow because that was after his steel bow had broken. It is rather primitive, but he is cooling some of the iron in the cool water to temper it. And this is his crude forge fashioned out of tree limbs and animal skins. I did this to show how he started from scratch. Imagine, having to forge the tools before he could begin building the ship. And this (pointing to the shore line) represents the eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula."

2 comments:

  1. the thought that came to me when I posted this was if the Lord can help Nephi create everything so that he can build a ship then surely he could help me do whatever it is I need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought this was an amazing hard task and how sometimes I dont even want to do simple tasks. I'm thankful that Nephi was so diligent and strong in his convictions. All so we could have this amazing book.

    ReplyDelete