Sunday, June 7, 2009

Details, details...

Okay, I admit I didn't really explain what the 80 days was all about. Next year the focus in seminary is the Book of Mormon. I'm challenging the seminary students and myself to read it during the summer.

I broke it down by reading 3 chapters a day. "Three is a magic number.." it sounds like something you can accomplish and also sounds a little challenging. The government says to have good health you should eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day and this program follows the science that 3 servings of the Book of Mormon per day will make you spiritually strong. The wonderful thing about this kind of strength is that it will manifest itself in all kinds of areas of your life.

We can do great things! We can definitely do great things when we make time for the important things in life. Reading the Book of Mormon should always be accompanied with prayer and pondering. Those three things will bring great power into your life! So let's get going. Today your focus should be the title page and the testimonies of the witnesses. Monday the three chapters begins.

If you're interested in having a paper to keep track of your progress leave a comment and I'll e-mail you one that I've created. I can't figure out how to put it in on this blog. I am sure in a day or two I will figure this place out but in the meantime this will be the way it goes...

Had to add a quote to this post. This is one of my favorites.

I hope that for you [studying the scriptures] will become something far more enjoyable than a duty; that, rather, it will become a love affair with the word of God. I promise you that as you read, your minds will be enlightened and your spirits will be lifted. [“The Light Within You,” Ensign, May 1995, 99]

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this! I have been trying to get myself to start the Book of Mormon again but I have been putting it off for no reason. This is just what I need to keep myself on track with reading the Book of Mormon. It will be fun to have a place to discuss what we have been reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to join your journey!
    please email me your chart!

    Ljoyhoffman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete