I never thought I would create a blog and I never thought the Book of Mormon would be the reason I did it.
The purpose for my blog will be a scripture journal/discussion. I think it will be a private group so that we will feel safe in our discussion. I know from previous experiences that the Book of Mormon really is a powerful book. President Ezra Taft Benson was correct when he said the following...
"It is not just that the Book of Mormon teaches us truth, though it indeed does that. It is not just that the Book of Mormon bears testimony of Christ, though it indeed does that, too. But there is something more. There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path. The scriptures are called ‘the words of life’ ( D&C 84:85 ), and nowhere is that more true than it is of the Book of Mormon. When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words, you will find life in greater and greater abundance” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1986, 6;or Ensign, Nov. 1986, 7 ).
I love this quote and who wouldn't want to listen to this prophet and try it! I'm so excited to see what the next 80 days will bring and I hope you'll come along for the adventure. Each day I will try to post relevant quotes or information including links to conference talks or other applicable applications for the current chapters and I hope that if you feel like you have something to share you will do it.
I know if we cheer each other on we will be able to do this and we will be so glad we did!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amy, I am forwarding this on to our family as well. Even if we don't keep up with the 80 goal, if we are on the track, we will be blessed. Thanks, Amy!
ReplyDeleteHey, Amy....thanks for doing this. I love this quote and find it comforting and inspirational. Even if we don't keep up with the 80 day goal, if we are moving in that direction, our lives will be blessed. Press onward.....
ReplyDeleteClaudia - you are correct. It's definitely okay if it takes you longer. Dana and I were talking about how long some of those chapters can be so it might be tough some days - but like you said - press onward and keep going and when we get there we're going to just turn around and start again...ha!
ReplyDeleteI have decided to do this with you and have read my first 3 chapters. I love that you are challenging yourself and now I am because I needed a kick to get me started. And you gave me that kick.
ReplyDeleteLove it
Salli
Salli - welcome aboard - I'm so glad you're doing this! I am looking forward to what the next 80 days will bring!
ReplyDelete